Ready to help?
- To support the Preston Strategic Partnership in the development and delivery of a Common Strategy for Preston.
- To work with and in other partnerships operating in Preston.
- To influence public sector decision-makers.
- To exercise Forum’s consultation rights.
- To share concerns between faith groups.
- To increase the understanding of faiths and the positive role that they and their communities can play in society.
Preston Faith Forum was formed in 2003 as a way of representing the voice of faith groups and communities. Since then, the Faith Forum has provided a means for communication and consultation between city council and communities.
We also run, facilitate, and support a number of activities aimed at raising awareness of aspects of the various faiths, and in the process encouraging and promoting dialogue. Preston is a multi-cultural, multi-racial City with people of a range of faiths and of no faith. These diverse communities make a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural life of the City.
Between them, the faith communities have a large number of buildings, both historic and contemporary, many of which have been developed to provide community facilities. These old, new and adapted buildings express the diversity which is characteristic of Preston and some of them can be visited as part of the faith trail.
We run a series of events annually for Inter-Faith Week in November and support the "Hello Preston" project working with refugees, asylum seekers and their families.